Dr Krzysztof P. Kochanowski is an attorney-at-law. In 1988 he was graduated at Gdańsk University, Faculty of Law. In early nineties he was working in a ships’ agent company in Gdynia as a claims handler and also as P&I Clubs correspondent in Poland. In 1993 admitted to Gdańsk Bar. For five he was years assisting Polish Ocean Lines as a legal counsel and in-house lawyer. From 1999 Mr. Kochanowski runs his own law firm – Krzysztof Kochanowski Mar-Consult Maritime Solicitors Office located in Gdynia. In 2010 he made Ph.D. at Gdansk University. Dr Kochanowski is a Chairman of Polish Maritime Law Association, arbitrator of Gdynia International Court of Arbitration, author of numerous academic publications and legal commentaries and a member of Maritime Law Drafting Committee at the Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation.
Position: Business Line Director - Civil Ships
Business: PGZ Stocznia Wojenna Sp. z o.o.
A resident of Gdynia since birth. Connected with the shipbuilding industry for 20 years, although family traditions date back even earlier.
He began his career at the trade office of Stocznia Gdynia S.A. In the years 2008-2009 he worked as the President of the Management Board of that company. Then he managed the trade office and marketing at Stocznia Gdańska, committing himself to restoring presence of that company on the international shipbuilding, hull and steel structures market. After his departure from Stocznia Gdańska, he managed the contracting and purchase office at LOTOS Petrobaltic S.A., where he was responsible, among others, for the purchase of a new offshore drilling unit, contracting of seismic research, etc. Then he joined Remontowa Shipubliding S.A., where in the years 2015-2017 he worked as a member of the Board of Directors and President of the Board of Directors.
He also performed a function of a Director of the Newbuildings Department at SR Nauta and
a member of the Supervisory Board at MSR Gryfia S.A. in Szczecin.
A scuba diver in his free time - exploring wrecks at the Bay of Gdańsk and in the Baltic Sea as well as in caves. Apart from that, an active triathlete, sailor, skier and motorcyclist.
cpt. Jakub Szymański
cpt. Jakub Szymański
Position: SECRETARY GENERAL
Captain Kuba Szymanski started his sea carrier in 1985. Graduated from the Maritime University of Szczecin with Master Degree and started his deck officer carrier with then Dorchester Maritime Limited Isle of Man. Sailed Gas/Chemical/Product tankers, reaching his first command as a Master in 1999.
In order to support his managerial skills attended Lloyds Academy and obtained Certificate in Ship superintendence and then studied MBA ate International Business School Isle of Man and JMU Liverpool.
In his roles ashore worked as Marine Superintendent, HSEQ Manager, Fleet Manager, General Manager and most recently – over last year Secretary General.
Capt. Szymanski has been lecturing Ship Management at International Business School Isle of man for last 14 years.
Through works of InterManager participated in many industry wide projects such as Shipping KPIs, SOS and most recently Martha Project.
In July 2018 has been awarded Honorary Doctorate by Solent Southampton University for his contribution to the Maritime Industry.
Kuba is an active yacht racer who sails his First 40.7 competitively around Europe, mostly double handed.
Business: POLISH INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDERS ASSOCIATION (PISIL)
He has been a member of the Polish International Freight Forwarders Association since 2001,in 2006 he was appointed its President. The main aims and tasks of the Association are to protect and represent the interest of its members before national government and administration bodies, local self-governments and international associations of freight forwarders; to provide access to domestic and international information, in particular in the context of Poland’s membership in the European Union; to organize trainings, symposia, conferences, conventions within topics of interest to the Association’s members. Polish International Freight Forwarders Association is a member of the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations "FIATA" in Zurich, a member of the European Organisation for Forwarding and Logistics in Brussels "CLECAT", a member of the National Chamber of Commerce and an associate member of the Polish Chamber of Maritime Commerce.
By reviewing and accepting this notice, you consent to the processing of your personal data by us in accordance with the following information.
In accordance with Article 13(1) and (2) of the General Data Protection Regulation of
27 April 2016 (GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is Agencja Rozwoju Gdyni Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office at ul. Armii Krajowej 24, 81-372 Gdynia, Tax Identification Number (NIP) 586-224-27-78; REGON 22085628000000; KRS 0000343845.
2. Purpose and basis for processing your personal data - your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the Gdynia Maritime Economy Forum project, which will take place on 11 October 2019, as well as for the purposes of fulfilling the controller's obligations under applicable laws.
3. Your data will be processed automatically but not in the form of profiling.
4. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of the project, and additionally for the period in which the Controller is obliged to store them on the basis of generally applicable laws or on the basis of the decision of the authorities of the Municipality of Gdynia, and in the case of consent to the processing of data for marketing purposes - until the withdrawal of consent.
5. Agencja Rozwoju Gdyni Sp. z o.o. takes special care to ensure that all personal data are processed in accordance with the purposes for which they were collected and used in accordance with the scope of granted permits (consents) and areas of processing permitted by law, and ensures confidentiality, integrity and accountability of personal data processed by us.
6. The personal data provided by you will be made available to the following recipients: entities authorized under generally applicable laws, entities to whom the Controller entrusted the processing of personal data (in particular entities providing IT services, accounting offices, couriers) and the Municipality of Gdynia.
7. We inform you that we use services and technologies offered by such entities as: Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, which are based in the United States. In the light of GDPR, they shall be treated as third countries for which it shall be demonstrated that an adequate level of protection is provided or that adequate safeguards are in place.
8. You have the right to access the content of your data and the right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, the right to transfer data and the right to object. If the Controller processes data only on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent prior to its withdrawal. You can exercise your rights by writing to us at email@example.com.
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you is in breach of the provisions of GDPR.